Generally, UPVC doors come with a significantly longer lifespan. Once you install the frame, you can enjoy its functionality for at least 15 to 20 years. Regular maintenance will surely increase efficiency and lifespan. However, it can be a matter of concern whether your UPVC doors need a repair or a replacement.
This is a question you should ask an expert. Once you contact an expert in UPVC door installation and repairs, he will come and inspect the frames. Then, he can determine if one of the PVC doors should be replaced or mild repairing can make things easier for you.
Signs that Tell You Something Is Wrong in Your UPVC Doors
- UPVC doors and windows are producing weird sounds whenever you try to open or close them.
- The frame gets stuck because its hook is not working or something is damaged in the gearbox mechanism.
- The lock of your UPVC doors is not correctly working, and there are gaps in joints.
- The frame is broken, and the security of your property is at stake.
- The structure is getting old, and it is not working properly even after regular maintenance.
Repairing or Replacement
Repair UPVC Doors: If the damage is minimal or can be fixed with the help of standard repairing procedures, you should go for it. Correct repairing will solve the issue instantly and increase its lifespan as well. It is cost-effective too.
Replacement of UPVC Doors: In some cases, replacement is the right solution for the problem. When the damage is severe and repairing cannot get back its efficiency, you should replace the structure and get a new one.
Sussex Glass & Glazing is a family run business with vast experience in UPVC doors and window installation and repair tasks. We also supply and install bespoke glass, windows and glazing to suit the requirement of clients.